“7 Steps to Retaining and Attracting Employees”
True North Learning has developed a 7-step employee retention plan using its proven Experiential Learning methodologies.
Contrary to some general opinion, financial compensation is only one of many reasons that keeps talented people within an organisation or draws them to it. While focusing on financial arrangements may be one of the simplest solutions to staff retention / attraction challenges, it can take the manager’s focus off other - more important and more complicated - reasons why people choose to come, stay or go.
The “7 Steps to Retaining and Attracting Employees” program can be tailored to individual organisation’s needs.
How it works:
This program addresses the seven fundamental reasons why talented people leave organisations or are attracted to them:
- Clarity of the organisation’s purpose and how an individual’s role and behaviour is aligned to that purpose.
- A structured and formal feedback process and regular performance review.
- Clear career development pathways with opportunities to pursue roles and projects that are aligned to their personal purpose, values and goals.
- Strong systems, culture and skills to manage conflict in proactive and effective ways.
- Leadership that sets clear expectations and then coaches, mentors and supports team members in their achievement.
- A culture of responsibility and accountability (as opposed to “pass-the-buckism”), where talent, initiative, hard work and high performance are supported and recognised at every level of the organisation.
- Ensuring that the role an individual is placed in is appropriate to their personality and behavioural tendencies and also is aligned to their personal beliefs, goals and purpose.
What it delivers:
Through this program True North Learning provides leaders and managers with the necessary skills to assist their organisation in attracting and retaining desired personnel against these seven key areas.
Using the tools that support the delivery of all True North Learning Experiential Learning programs, we:
provide detailed gap analysis between the actual and desired behaviours, skills, attitudes and mindsets;
assist in the design and delivery of programs that will address these specific gaps, and measure progress; and
deliver consistent measurement and reporting from the onset of the program delivery to its conclusion, underpinned by continual improvement mechanisms.
These modules are based on True North Learning’s philosophy of Organisational Health. We use the Eight Pillars of Organisational Health system to measure performance gaps and design training and development programs around these.
Click here to take the True North Learning Organisational Health Mini Survey